Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Andrew Edwards

Andrew Christopher Edwards arrived two weeks earlier than the doctors predicted but right on time in my eyes! I had been having pretty intense Braxton Hicks for a week and I was extremely uncomfortable. On Sunday afternoon I met some friends for a baby shower lunch and I started having frequent but irregular contractions. At the time I thought they were Braxton hicks. By 7:00 I knew that these had to be more than just Braxton hicks!! They were so painful I had to breath through them. I told Christian that I thought I was in labor and he reminded me that I had said that everyday for the last two weeks :) At 11:00 my contractions were two minutes apart. I called my doctor and she advised me to come in. Of course as soon as we got to the hospital my contractions had slowed down to six minutes apart. They checked me and I was dilated to a three. After walking around for an hour they checked me again and I had dilated to a four. Things started happening pretty fast after that! I couldn't believe the difference between this labor and my labor with Caleb. Caleb it was 21 hours of intense labor and 3 1/2 hours of painful pushing. Andrew came in five short hours and popped right out after five pushes :) Both had the same prize in the end though, a beautiful healthy baby boy!!










Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: